“I’m going to give you one note today. See how many ways you can play that note - growl it, smear it, flat it, sharp it, do anything you want to it. That’s how you express your feelings in this music. It’s like talking.”
"I'm not supposed to be playing, the music is supposed to be playing me. I'm just supposed to be standing there with the horn, moving my fingers. The music is supposed to be coming through me; that's when it's really happening."
"Some days you get up and put the horn to your chops and it sounds pretty good and you win. Some days you try and nothing works and the horn wins. This goes on and on and then you die and the horn wins."
"Master your instrument. Master the music. And then forget all that bullshit and just play."
|My jazz story
1. Jazz story
2. Old band list
3. Mp3 in band list
4. Two favourite alto sax players of 1960
1. Swingin' on the Avenue 1998
1. Great New Orleans clarinet players
2. George Gilmour talks
3. George Lewis talks
4. Hans Jorgensen in Preservation Hall
5. A nightingale and cuban congas
6. Brian Finigan's memoirs (unfinished)
7. A pdf-book about Johnny Dodds
This page is a part of www.lassecollin.se with
Jazz Pirates / C-jam / Jazz files / Free jazz / Collin ads / Me